PB Tech is New Zealand's largest computing and I.T. retailer.
Founded in 1993, PB Technologies Limited is 100% NZ owned with 9 superstores throughout the country, over 400 staff, and is the technology supplier to many of New Zealand's leading companies and educational institutes.
Check out our video below to learn more about PB Tech or view our full company profile.
PB Tech holds a significant amount of stock in our New Zealand based logistics centre and can ship stock from this location usually within 2-4 working days (see the timeframes mentioned on each product page for more accurate delivery estimates).
In most cases, items ordered from the NZ Logistics Centre are first transferred to our Head Office / Distribution Centre before being shipped to the final destination.
Unfortunately no pick-up options are available directly from this location, you can select a pick up from one of our branches however and we will transfer your order there so you can pick up.
Products marked as 'In stock with Supplier' are shipped from one of our suppliers / vendors. The time frame for shipments can vary so please refer to the shipping time frames mentioned on each product page for more accurate delivery estimates.
In most cases, items ordered from suppliers are first transferred to our Head Office / Distribution Centre before being shipped to the final destination.
If you change your mind after making a purchase, or realise you have ordered the incorrect item, you can enjoy the peace of mind that we offer a 7 day exchange policy.
To exchange a product, goods must be sealed / unopened, with packaging in original condition, and accompanied by a valid receipt dated no more than 7 calendar days from when you request an exchange.
If there is not a suitable product that can be exchanged for your returned item you will be offered a credit on your account or gift card based on the value paid at the time of purchase.
Please note, items purchased on finance cannot be exchanged for a gift card.
If your product develops a fault within the manufacturer warranty period, you can either contact the manufacturer directly (some manufacturers provide a high level of warranty service - including free pickup or in some cases onsite repair), or return to one of our services centres / stores.
If your product develops a fault outside of the manufacturer warranty period, we offer a full repair service and are an authorised repair agent for leading brands such as Samsung, HP, Toshiba, Lenovo and more.
To contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your product or to request a warranty repair, please view the list of manufacturer / brand warranty contacts.
To return a product to PB Tech directly, please complete our request a return form.
Or view our returns policy for more information.
ATEN SN0108 8-Port Serial Over IP Administer (W/32 FIFO, 8xDB25/DB25M Paw)
North Island - Usually within 17 working days
South Island - Usually within 18 working days
|Branch||New Stock||On display|
|PB North Shore||0|
|PB Auckland CBD||0|
|PB Auckland University||0|
|Head Office (Web)||0|
|NZ Logistics Centre||0|
The ALTUSEN SN series of serial console servers integrate cutting Features edge technologies with secure enterprise communications. Available in 8-port models, the serial console server offers both in-band and out-of-band remote serial console access to servers and network devices, via a direct Telnet/SSH client or an applet viewer. SN works in tandem with the ALTUSEN Power Over the NETTremote power management system. Both can be managed with CC2000 management software to provide centralized data center management and integrated power management. With their comprehensive features, SN series of serial console servers help maximize IT productivity, provide scalability and reduce operational costs.
The serial console server is used to connect serial devices to the Ethernet network to meet the needs of demanding applications in industrial control, data acquisition, environment monitoring, and remote facility and equipment management. It offers versatile operation modes including Real COM Port, TCP Server/Client, UDP Server/Client, Serial Tunnel and Virtual Modem.It helps transform the capabilities of legacy serial devices to take advantage of the TCP/IP network to allow remote access, configuration, and management of the serial devices from anywhere in the world over the Internet.
SN series is a complete secure remote access and control solution. Access rights and privilege control can be applied to individual ports. Consolidated authentication simplifies password management. Data encryption is provided. Logging and alerting helps speed resolution of issues and mitigates risk. Enhanced security functions ensure the compliance of internal security mandates. The ease of use, accessibility and manageability of the SN series serial console servers enables a quick response to changing demands and helps meet ultimate business goals.
- System Accessibility and Availability
- Secure in-band and out-of-band network access to serial consoles
- In-band access of Ethernet
- Browser access with an intuitive GUI
- Terminal-based access with a menu-driven UI
- Out-of-band access of dial-up modem
- Serial Console Management
- Convenient and simple access via browser or Telnet/SSH client
- Port access via Telnet/SSH client and third-party client such as PuTTY
- Direct port access from Telnet client - bypassing login to SN
- Convenient port access via the applet serial viewer from SN Web GUI
- Selectable Telnet or SSH for the serial viewer
- Sun Solaris ready - Sun "break-safe"
- Alert String
- Multiple users simultaneously access to the same port - up to 16 connections per port.
- SN0108 allows only one user to have full access to one port, and the other concurrent users may view only to the same port.
- Integrated with Power Over the NET product for port and power outlet association
- SSH and SSL support
- Private certificate support - SN0108support private certificate importing Configurable user permissions for port access and control
- Local and remote authentication and logging
- Third-party authentication - SN0108 support RADIUS and indirectly support AD through CC2000
- System Management
- System confi guration via Web browser of HTTP/HTTPS, Telnet/SSH client and local console
- System log and event logging
- Comprehensive logging and event notifi cation
- SNMP agent
- Event notification - SN0108 support notification of SMTP email and SNMP Trap
- Firmware upgradeable
- Multi-browser support - Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Mozilla, and Netscape
- Customizable global time zone
- NTP for time server synchronization
- DHCP for dynamic IP address assignment
- Integrated with CC2000 for data center centralized management
- Serial Device Management
- Versatile serial operating modes - SN0108 support Real COM and TCP Server
- Multiple simultaneous connections to the same port - up to 16 connections per port
- Real COM driver for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 and Windows Server 2003/2008
- Real TTY driver for Linux
- Fixed TTY driver for UNIX
8 x RJ-45 Female
1 x RJ-45 Female
1 x 3-prong AC Socket
Laptop USB Console
1 x Rocker Switch
1 x Semi-recessed Pushbutton
120V; 8W/ 230V; 8W
0 - 40°C
-20 - 60°C
0 - 80% RH, Non-condensing
Dimensions( L x W x H )
43.72 x 21.40 x 4.40 cm
1x 8-Port Serial Console Server
1x Power Cord
1x Rack Mount Kit (Brackets and Phillips head hex M3 x8 screws)
1x Foot Pad Set (4 pcs.)
1x Software CD
1x User Instructions
* The specification and pictures are subject to change without notice.
* All trademarks and logos are the properties of their respective holders.