Hauppauge HD-PVR Gaming Edition
Record your Xbox or PS3 video game play to your PC, in HD!
HD PVR is the world’s first High Definition video recorder for making real-time H.264 compressed recordings from your Xbox or PS3 game play. HD PVR records Component Video (YCrCb) is recorded at resolutions up to 1080i, while audio is recorded using optical audio with Dolby AC3 or two channel stereo audio.
Record your Xbox 360 or PS3 game play on your PC in 1080i HD! Share you best games with your friends in HD!
As said on GeekTonic:
"Now I think anyone watching me play videogames is a sure-fire way to put them to sleep – or at least laugh at my videogame performance. But I know there is a very large number of videogamers using the HD PVR to record their video gameplay.
New features for the HD PVR Gaming Edition
The HD PVR Gaming Edition is specially designed for the dedicated Xbox360 or PS3 gamer. The Gaming Edition includes a new jet black case plus a universal Component Video cable, so you can bring 1080i video from your game console into the HD PVR. Also, we include Arcsoft ShowBiz, which allows you to record your game play in HD and upload directly to YouTube.
Video passthrough, for zero delay recording and gaming!
HD PVR's video passthrough gives zero delay on your TV monitor, and makes HD video recordings at the same time! Video passthrough uses the component video input to record your game play in HD while the "no delay" component video output allows you to play your games on your TV set.
Create your own HD video library ... burn your video recordings in a high definition blu-ray format!
HD PVR records in MP4, M2TS and AVCHD formats. AVCHD can be used to burn Blu-ray compatible DVD disks. Two hours of HD recordings, recorded at 5 Mbits/sec, can be burnt onto a standard 4.7 GByte DVD-R or DVD-RW disk for playback on a Blu-ray DVD player.
The HD PVRs amazing recording quality allows personal archival of your game play or TV programs from a cable or satellite set top box. Record your TV programs in HD, then burn them onto a standard DVD disk (up to two hours) in a high definition blu-ray fomat.
New features in the HD PVR Gaming Edition
• Includes Component Video gaming cable for Xbox 360 and PS3
• Includes Arcsoft ShowBiz, with upload to YouTube so you can share your best game play in HD
• With a new black case and green record light, for more stylin' recording!
• Built-in hardware H.264 high definition encoder, for high performance, high quality video recordings
• Component Video input (YCrCb or YPrPb). Optical or stereo audio inputs.
• Record high definition video at up to 1080i resolution, 720p or VGA/D1
• Record at datarates from 1Mbs to 13.5Mbs, constant and Variable Bit Rate
• Make Blu-ray format AVCHD recordings, so you can burn your TV recordings onto a standard DVD disk (up to 2 hours of video at 5MBits/sec) and playback on Blu-ray DVD players
• Includes HD software video player, so you can playback recordings to your PC screen
• Audio / Video component video pass through to allow HD recording and viewing at the same time
• High Performance Noise Reduction Function
There are three H.264 formats you can choose when recording a video:
• TS, which is a generic 'transport stream' compatible with many digital media players
• M2TS, which is compatible with the Sony Playstation3
• MP4, which is compatible with the XBox360
The .TS and .M2TS files are AVCHD compatible, and can be used to burn Blu-ray compatible disk recordings. These files can be burned onto a standard DVD+R or DVD+RW disk for playback in a Blu-ray disk player using the included Arcsoft TME Disk Create application. Approximately 2 hours of HD TV recorded at 5Mbits/sec can be put onto a standard DVD+R or DVD+RW disk.
HD PVR Gaming Edition Specifications
• H.264 AVCHD video encoder
• AC-3 audio encoding
• Recording datarate: from 1 to 13.5 Mbits/sec (user selectable)
• up to 1080i from component video (YCrCb or YPrPb)
• NTSC: 720p60, 1080i60, 480i60, 480p60
• PAL: 720p50, 1080i50, 576p50, 576i50, 480p50, 480i50
Note: the video input format determines the recorded format. For example, 1080i input records at 1080i, 720P records at 720P, etc. Any other format conversions needs to be done with the MediaConvert program (supplied).
• NTSC or PAL supported
• Size: 19.8cm wide x 17.3 cm deep x 7 cm high
• Power: 5V at 2 amps
• Input voltage of power supply provided: 110-220v at 50/60Hz
• Weight: 1 lb, 3 oz
Included with the HD PVR Gaming Edition
• HD PVR high definition personal video recorder, USB
• Component Video Cable set, for use with Xbox360, PS3 and Wii
• Component video cable set to connect to your HD TV set
• Stereo audio cable set
• HD PVR Gaming Edition Installation CD with Arcsoft ShowBiz
• USB cable
• 5v power supply, 110/220v
Bundled software applications
• Arcsoft “ShowBiz" to record, upload to YouTube and burn video recordings onto DVD
Input and outputs
• Component video input
• Component video out ("passthrough")
• Left/ Right RCA audio input
• Left/right audio output ("passthrough")
• Optical audio Input
• Optical audio output ("passthrough")
• Composite video and S-Video inputs (on front panel)
• Left/right audio input (on front panel)
• USB2.0 High speed Device
• Processor Requirements (minimum): Dual core CPU 2.0GHz or faster
• Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit), Windows Vista or Windows XP service pack 2 (32-bit)
• Graphics with 256MB memory (or greater)
• Sound card
• CD-ROM drive for installing the HD PVR software
Note: when playing back video recordings made with the HD PVR on your PC screen, a fast CPU meeting the specs noted above and at least 256MB of graphics memory are needed.
TV set requirements
HD PVR has "no delay pass through" to any HDTV or HD monitor which has a Component Video input. Component video is also called YPrPb.