- Computers & Tablets
Generating Print Page
Trial in a Box Programme
TweetPosted in Articles on 25/3/2019
Back by Popular Demand
In May/June 2018, Microsoft's NZ education team ran the "Trial in a Box" programme - a two hour live demo in schools across New Zealand, from as far south as Invercargill all the way up to beautiful Northland (and virtually everywhere in between!).
Unfortunately, some schools missed out due to the high demand for this programme so Microsoft is rebooting it and asking interested schools to connect with the team to experience their "Trial in a Box".
MINECRAFT: Education Edition- part of the Trial in a Box will focus on how Windows 10 can power Minecraft:EE in your class, one of the most effective platforms to teach computational thinking to your students. With the announcement in July from the Ministry of Education that they've renewed the Schools' Agreement with Microsoft, Minecraft:EE is available at no cost to NZ State and State-Integrated schools.
What happens at Trial in a Box?
Microsoft will deliver the Trial in a Box interactive experience in your school to two or more of your staff members. Ideally, this is someone who is responsible for the school's technology or oversees the eLearning program.
This presentation typically takes two hours and Microsoft's team will take you through six simple steps that show how easy Windows 10 devices are to set up and manage in a school or BYOD environment. This includes:
- Creating a demonstration Office365 tenant
- Configuring the Microsoft Store for Education and selecting suitable apps
- Configuring Intune for Education, Microsoft's simple cloud-based management platform
- Configuring 2x low-cost Windows 10 laptops and managing them through Intune for Education
- Deploying selected educational applications and typical classroom settings to the devices
- Log in and get learning!
Thinking about the future of your school device platform?
If you are looking for an easy to manage and low-cost devices for your students and classrooms, then this programme could be ideal for you!
Microsoft NZ is pleased to offer you their free Trial in a Box experience, where they will come to your school and show you first-hand the simplicity of Windows 10 and some of the exciting range of affordable devices that can bring alive STEM and digital learning.
Let Microsoft show you how easy it is with Windows 10 and other powerful low-cost devices….and you can keep the devices!
How to get started?
To book your Trial in a Box experience in your school, simply:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide the names of the staff members who will attend the Trial in a Box Programme
- Provide 1-2 dates prior to 30 June 2019 that would suit the school for Microsoft to visit your school and conduct the Trial in a Box.
Make sure you check out the PB Tech's Education page to stay updated with all things related to the classroom + more!