- PC PartsAbout PB Tech
PB Tech is New Zealand's largest computing and I.T. retailer.
Founded in 1993, PB Technologies Limited is 100% NZ owned with 9 superstores throughout the country, over 400 staff, and is the technology supplier to many of New Zealand's leading companies and educational institutes.
Check out our video below to learn more about PB Tech or view our full company profile.NZ Logistics Centre
PB Tech holds a significant amount of stock in our New Zealand based logistics centre and can ship stock from this location usually within 2-4 working days (see the timeframes mentioned on each product page for more accurate delivery estimates).
In most cases, items ordered from the NZ Logistics Centre are first transferred to our Head Office / Distribution Centre before being shipped to the final destination.
Pick-ups from the NZ Logistics Centre
Unfortunately no pick-up options are available directly from this location, you can select a pick up from one of our branches however and we will transfer your order there so you can pick up.Suppliers
Products marked as 'In stock with Supplier' are shipped from one of our suppliers / vendors. The time frame for shipments can vary so please refer to the shipping time frames mentioned on each product page for more accurate delivery estimates.
In most cases, items ordered from suppliers are first transferred to our Head Office / Distribution Centre before being shipped to the final destination.Returns & Warranty
7 day right of exchange
If you change your mind after making a purchase, or realise you have ordered the incorrect item, you can enjoy the peace of mind that we offer a 7 day exchange policy.
To exchange a product, goods must be sealed / unopened, with packaging in original condition, and accompanied by a valid receipt dated no more than 7 calendar days from when you request an exchange.
If there is not a suitable product that can be exchanged for your returned item you will be offered a credit on your account or gift card based on the value paid at the time of purchase.
Please note, items purchased on finance cannot be exchanged for a gift card.
Hassle free warranty service
If your product develops a fault within the manufacturer warranty period, you can either contact the manufacturer directly (some manufacturers provide a high level of warranty service - including free pickup or in some cases onsite repair), or return to one of our services centres / stores. Where the product has been directly imported by PB Tech, you need to contact us directly or present the product at any one of our service centres / stores together with your proof of purchase.
If your product develops a fault outside of the manufacturer warranty or PB Tech warranty period, we offer a full repair service and are an authorised repair agent for leading brands such as Samsung, HP, Toshiba, Lenovo and more.
Returning a product / making a warranty claim
To contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your product or to request a warranty repair, please view the list of manufacturer / brand warranty contacts (for products imported directly by PB Tech please return to us directly by completing our request a return form).
To return a product to PB Tech directly, please complete our request a return form.
Or view our returns policy for more information.
HP original C7978A Ultrium LTO Cleaning TAPE Universal C7978A Covering six generations of capacity - LTO-1 (200 GB), LTO-2 (400 GB), LTO-3 (800 GB), LTO-4 (1.6 TB), LTO-5 (3 TB), LTO-6 (6.25 TB)
- Brand: HP PSG Notebook
- MPN: C7978A
- Part #: CARHPF7978
Show GST Inclusive
$41.95Excluding GST$48.24Including GSTProduct details snapshot as of: 22:25, 25-04-2017
- Storage TypeTape
Price and availability are subject to change.Hover & click to enlarge
Branch Pick UpsFor branch pick ups, allow 4 hours for the branch to prepare your online order or just buy in-store.
DeliveriesOrder before 5:00pm and your order will usually ship today.
When will I receive it?
North Island - Usually within 1 working day» View all shipping information
South Island - Usually within 2 working days
Branch New Stock On display PB Penrose 2 PB North Shore 1 PB Manukau 2 PB Auckland CBD 1 PB Auckland Uni 0 PB Henderson 3 PB Hamilton 3 PB New Plymouth 0 PB Wellington 2 PB Christchurch 2 PB Head Office (Web) 9 NZ Logistics Centre 0 Supplier 30+Web orders ship from Head Office.
HP original C7978A Ultrium LTO Cleaning TAPE Universal C7978A Covering six generations of capacity -...
FeaturesExhaustively tested, HP LTO Ultrium cartridges meet all your demands for maximum reliability when restoring data, offering high storage density, ease of management and scalable storage and backup performance. Covering six generations of capacity - LTO-1 (200 GB), LTO-2 (400 GB), LTO-3 (800 GB), LTO-4 (1.6 TB), LTO-5 (3 TB), LTO-6 (6.25 TB) - and with transfer speeds of up to 1.4 TB/hr for LTO-6, there is a platform for every need and budget. From LTO-3 onwards, LTO Ultrium WORM cartridges enable the creation of compliant, permanent and tamperproof archives.
From LTO-4 onwards, secure AES-256 encryption provides even higher levels of data security and compliance with the most stringent industry regulations to prevent unauthorized data access. From LTO-5 onwards, LTO Ultrium Linear Tape File System makes using tape as easy, flexible, portable and intuitive as using other removable and sharable media, such as a USB drive.
Highest Capacity and Performance of any Comparable Tape Technology
- HP LTO-6 Ultrium can write or read data at a blistering 1.4 TB/hour, storing, encrypting and protecting up to 3 TB on a single cartridge, making it the big hitter in large-scale, 24x7, mission-critical IT environments.
- A 70% increase in the number of tracks has increase the bit density, allowing more data to be recorded in the same amount of tape: from 1,280 tracks for LTO-5 to 2,176 tracks for 6th generation HP LTO-6 Ultrium 6.25 TB cartridges.
- LTO Ultrium cartridge memory chip delivers faster access time and enhanced media monitoring.
- First time restore ensured with fewer media failures and disrupted backups, regardless of duty cycle or environmental conditions.
- Superior 'smart grabber' mechanism and mechanical interlock to prevent the leader pin from being pulled inside the tape housing. Sensors detect proper connection and prevent leader loss that would ruin the tape.
- Simplified tape path to reduce wear and tear and build up of and debris (important in automation).
- HP brand qualification test procedures (load/unload, shoeshine, drop testing and environmental stress testing) go far beyond what is required for the LTO Ultrium logo. This ensures maximum reliability for restoring your data.
- HP warrants LTO Ultrium cartridges for up to 30 years archival life. This ensures businesses can meet the ever-increasing demands of regulation for data retention and archiving.
- Write-Once-Read-Many (WORM) version provides tamperproof, compliant data storage.
- Data encryption for enhanced data security on HP LTO-4, LTO-5 and LTO-6 Ultrium. Compliance with FIPS 140-2 level 1 security standards.
Value for money
- Standardizing on HP LTO-5 or LTO-6 Ultrium delivers the capacity to meet shrinking backup windows, industry-standard, AES 256-bit encryption (IEEE1619.1), and interchangeable RW or WORM media; without extra space or IT resource overhead.
- Open standard technology ensures compatibility across product generations and gives you more choice. Cartridges are available as Custom Labeled, Non-Custom Labeled (both Custom and Non Custom include RFID options from LTO-4 onwards) and non-labeled versions.
PB Technologies is a HP Gold Partner
LTO-1 Ultrium, LTO-2 Ultrium, LTO-3 Ultrium, LTO-4 Ultrium, LTO-5 Ultrium
Quantity per Package
Storage Media Compatibility Matrix
Drive compatibility url
Operating temperature range
50 to 113 F (10 to 45 C)
Day-to-day storage temperature
60 to 90 F (16 to 32 C)
Long term storage temperature
41 to 73 F (5 to 23 C)
Operating maximum wet bulb temperature
79 F (26 C)
Operating humidity range
10 to 80% (Operating)
20 to 60% (Archival)
HP Ultrium Universal Cleaning Cartridge
What's in the box
Contains (1) HP Ultrium Universal Cleaning Cartridge
Manufacturer Part No: C7978A Brand: HP PSG Notebook Product Type: - UPC 808736038799 Product Family: - Shipping Weight: 0.2 kg PB Part No: CARHPF7978 Product Model: - Warranty: 12 months *
* Warranty period is as stated above unless the manufacturer has chosen to specify a longer period.
All warranties are return to base unless otherwise specified.
Write a Review
Recent ReviewsThere are currently no user reviews about this product.
* No deposit term 36 months, minimum purchase price $199. Subject to Finance Now’s standard credit criteria. An interest rate of 19.9% p.a. applies.
A $55 booking fee and a $1.75 monthly service fee is applicable to all agreements. Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) may apply.