- PC Parts
About PB Care
Looking after you and your purchases beyond standard warranty.
Looking after you and your purchases
PB Tech is New Zealand's largest PC builder / assembler, and we also operate NZ's largest I.T. service centre. At PB, we offer our own care plan to help you protect your recent tech investment by upgrading the standard manufacturer’s warranty of your product beyond the first 12 months. We can upgrade your PB Care warranty to 2 years, or 3 years for Custom-Built PC’s bought at PB.
A hardware warranty extended to either 2 or 3 years as specified* (return to base)
This means your new tech is covered from the day of purchase to the end of your warranty in the unlikely event that any faults appear within the hardware.
Priority scheduling for services and repairs
If you need to bring your device or computer back to PB for servicing or a repair, your item will jump to the top of our queue and be the first product looked at by our expert technician team.
Loan units available for Laptops and Smartphones
Should PB Tech need to keep your portable device on-site for inspection, overnight testing, repairs or servicing, we will loan you a unit to replace the absence of your laptop or smartphone for the duration of your service.
30% discount on labour charge for non-warranty covered problems
If we find a fault with your tech that isn’t covered by warranty conditions, PB Care gives you a 30% discount on the normal price of repair or servicing the issue, should you wish for our technicians to solve the problem.
FREE check-up once per year (hardware only*)
PB Tech offers an annual complimentary hardware check-up on your device or computer for the duration of your PB Care warranty period.
PB Care Terms & Conditions
- The PB Care covers the item(s) specified in the Invoice and purchased as new, which at the time of purchase included the manufacturer's original written warranty. In order to be eligible for the PB Care, the manufacturer's warranty must provide at least 1 year parts and labour coverage. The PB Care covers all mechanical and electrical defects that would normally be covered by the manufacturer's written warranty, unless otherwise stated in the following terms and conditions.
- The PB Care commences from the date of purchase, and extends the manufacturer's 1 or 2 year warranty to 2 or 3 years as specified in the PB CARE option you select (3 months to 1 year warranty for Off-lease/Ex-lease Products).
- The PB Care is only valid for the product with the serial number recorded in the original proof of purchase (Invoice).
- PB Care is for the repair or replacement of faulty components with components of the same value or comparable quality. The decision to repair or replace a component or a product during the PB Care period will be made solely by PB Technologies.
- PB Technologies will provide services during normal business hours and business days and therefore will be closed on Weekend and Public Holidays.
- PB Technologies will ensure that service is completed as quickly as possible, we are not responsible for delays caused by factors beyond our control, including but not limited to manufacturer's delays in providing parts, and general manufacturer availability of parts.
- The original proof of purchase must be provided by clients to claim the warranty/services. Clients will be charged a service fee for the services rendered if such documentation is not available.
- Clients are responsible for delivery of the warranted item to PB Technologies so it can be inspected and repaired or replaced unless the warranted item is a Television (50" and over only) and you are located within 30km of a PB Technologies store in which case PB Technologies will either cover the cost of an onsite service call to carry out an inspection / repair or arrange collection of the item.
- The PB Care does not cover failure from fair wear and tear. The PB Care does not cover repairs for the replacement of parts due to incompatibility.
- PB Care only covers components that were present at the time of purchase. The PB Care does not cover any components that have been fitted after the original purchase.
- Damage to the item or its components, caused by power surges or spikes, including but not limited to, mains power and telecommunication connections, or to other unspecified sources, voltage fluctuations, rust or corrosion are not covered by PB Care.
- It is a condition of PB Care that a surge protector that complies with local standards protects the item covered by PB Care at all times. Failure to do so will void the PB Care.
- PB Care does not cover damage to the item caused by overheating as a result of sitting or positioning the item without adequate ventilation for cooling or a dust free environment.
- PB Technologies does not accept liability for items lost, damaged or stolen as a result of freight, courier or storage.
- PB Care only covers hardware faults, and makes no provision for consequential loss of data of any type. It is the responsibility of the client to make regular backups of all data.
- PB Care does not cover the cost of reloading operating systems, software and data. Reloading services are available and will be charged to the client.
- PB Technologies may replace the same, similar or slightly better item when the faulty item is not economical to repair. Technological advances may result in a replacement item with a lower selling price than the original. The replacement cost shall not exceed the original purchase price of the item.
- Replacement of the Item shall constitute fulfilment of this warranty and any remaining period of cover does not transfer to the new item.
- When a replacement item is not available we may chose to settle the claim on an indemnity basis taking into consideration the age, condition and state of the item.
- PB Care does not cover mechanical or electrical failure due to: inherent defect or design faults, pre-existing defects or recalls; negligence, accidental or deliberate misuse.
- PB Care does not cover item's accessories, such as batteries, power adapters, power leads, and data cable.
- PB Care does not cover loss or damage due to accidental or deliberate damage, negligence, abuse, wilful act, misuse, accident, theft, sand, liquid, rust, battery leakage, flood, fire, earthquake, electrical storms or any other act of god, war or terrorism.
- The following are not covered under PB Care: dropped product; collision with another object; any result of a malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer's recommended maintenance; costs where no mechanical or electrical failure is identified; consequential loss of any type; normal maintenance costs.
PB Technologies reserves the rights to change these terms and conditions at any time without further notice.